Environmental Policy Statement
Cubic Space Management recognises and accepts that concern for the protection and conservation of both the local and global environment is an important part of the Company’s business.
The Company also seeks to develop and maintain a good relationship with its neighbours and takes into account their interests, the interests of the general public, local community and regulatory authorities. The Company will constantly seek new techniques and improve procedures in order to minimise or eliminate any disturbance to the environment or to the quality of life of the local communities in which the Company operates.
The Company will use the best practicable means to meet its environmental responsibilities, to assess and to monitor its operations, thus ensuring that any threat of pollution to the environment from either its processes or products will be eliminated or effectively controlled.
The Managing Director has overall responsibility for all environmental matters and the implementation of the Company Environmental Policy. The company Technical Director advises and informs employees on all matters relating to health, safety and the environment. He also reviews environmental performance to ensure that company objectives are being achieved.
Specifically the Company shall:
- Encourage individual managers at every level throughout the Company, when organising and planning work procedures, to consider and take positive steps to promote good working practices so as to improve environmental performance.
- Provide appropriate environmental information, training and instruction to all employees ensuring their individual awareness and responsibility to act in accordance with the policy.
- Promote open exchange of environmental information with Customers, Suppliers, Contractors, Local Authorities and the community.
- Endeavour wherever possible to minimise or eliminate waste materials at source and to establish a clear strategy to recycle or reuse its waste.
- Ensure that labelling, packaging, storage and disposal of waste meets the legal requirements under its duty of care, paying particular attention to environmentally harmful or hazardous waste.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of resources, be it people, raw materials, energy or water, particularly those resources which are scarce or irreplaceable.
- Bring the policy to the attention of all Company employees by posting on notice boards and by inclusion in the Company employee induction presentations.
- Advise suppliers and contractors of this policy and make copies freely available to the general public, regulatory authorities and customers.